Failure in SD card can occur anytime due to poor power supply, block, virus attack, damaged sectors, corrupted OS files, etc. Taking a backup is the easiest method to recover information from an internal or external SD card corruption or failure.
If you have missed taking backups, then there are a few steps to retrieve your lost photos on the SD card. It is advised to try all the below mentioned solutions in this article to prevent your media and pictures from getting erased from your micro SD card.
If you find the photos in root dictionary of SD card, but it does not get displayed by Gallery Application then try the below solutions:
Reboot your device. If you are thinking about how to recover lost photos, then there is several file recovery software in the market. Try them out to find which one works quickly, safely and easily with your SD card.
- Unmount and Re-insert your SD Card. It may be possible that by doing this step, you can get your photos back. If this suggestion failed to work, then you perform below action.
- Delete your No-media File that tells your Android OS to hide all media files like images, audios, videos, from getting listed in Gallery Apps.
- Replace or update your Default Gallery App as it can be infected by any software bug.
- Uninstall apps that can cause this issue
- If your Android OS is showing signs of data loss on the SD card, then restore factory settings. This can erase all the data present on your internal storage. So, it is advised to take a backup of all your SMS, contacts, and other valuable information before to performing this task.
Lightstalking is one of the most credible and authentic websites that serve as the best e-resource for photographers. In their post, Lightstalking deleted photos recovery software, they recommend “MiniTool” as one of the most remarkable, trusted and efficient file recovery software.
If photos saved on SD card does not show up in the root dictionary or get displayed in the Gallery App, then perform below action:
- Re-insert SD Card
Do SD Card Recovery using following options:
- MiniTool Power file recovery software for SD Recovery, or
- Perform SD card recovery via Cloud Backup
Replace your Micro SD Card
What type of storage devices are supported by data recovery tool?
With the right type of data recovery tool to find deleted photos, you can easily recover data from storage devices that include:
- Hard disk drive
- Solid state device
- Flash Drive
- Memory Cards
- SD Card
- External hard drive
- Digital Camera
- Android OS
- Backup drive
Though disappearance of photos on SD card does not commonly happen, but they can happen on any kind of Android phone. This can be extremely annoying, but with the help of above solutions and a good file recovery tool, you can easily solve this problem.