Are you tired of waxing the unwanted hair every few weeks? If yes, why not consider the idea of laser hair removal?
For sure you must have heard about laser hair removal technique. After all, in recent years, the procedure has gained tremendous popularity. So, if you have been thinking about going for Tampa laser hair removal, here we have explained how it works and listed a few after-care steps. This includes avoiding the sun and choosing the right products to help the healing process. So, let’s see what laser hair removal is all about…
How does it work?
In laser hair removal treatment, focused energy from the intense laser light is introduced to the pigment of hair follicles. The procedure damages these follicles and thereby reduces or prevents re-growth of hair.
The procedure is tested and approved by FDA, but just like in any other skincare treatment, some post-treatment side effects are reported. Most individuals report no major or disturbing side effects. However, experiencing some sensitivity is absolutely normal.
In order to ensure that you experience no adverse side effects, it is important to follow the recommended post-treatment steps. Talk to your provider in detail and understand what will it take to quicken the healing process for you. Well, of course, we have mentioned some tips right here, but since every individual is different, after-care steps might be a little different for you.
Basic aftercare steps:
- Your skin will be super sensitive after the procedure. So, avoid heat in any form for 24 to 48 hours. Avoid hot showers, hot tubs, saunas, heat packs, etc.
- To ease the sensitivity and pain, use ice or cold packs. The discomfort you will feel will be similar like a mild sunburn, and the treated area might even look swollen or red. Applying cold packs and ice can work wonders in this situation.
- To further soothe your skin, you can use aloe vera gel. It will be easy to acquire this product from any skincare or drug store. Also, refrigerate the gel before using for better results.
- If you are experiencing excess irritation and sensitivity, use over the counter medicine like Tylenol. However, of course, discuss it with your provider first.
- If you notice any blisters, contact your provider immediately. Nevertheless, you can even control this situation by post-treatment applying an antibiotic ointment.
- Avoid going out in the sun for at least 7 days. Also, avoid all sorts of tanning products.
- Use at least a 30+ SPF sunscreen daily.
- Don’t use any makeup, topical creams, deodorant, or medications for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
- Don’t go for any sort of skin treatment for at least 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Don’t pluck or wax the treated area. Although if it is absolutely necessary, shaving is allowed.
- While bathing, exfoliate the treated area very gently.
Lastly, be as gentle as you can with the skin of the treated area. Only rely on a fragrance-free non-comedogenic wash and moisturizer until sensitivity and redness subside. The better you take care of your skin, the faster it will heal.