Are you interested to get admission in any college in Boston? We have provided few guidelines to get into such colleges in this small write-up.
The Boston college transfer acceptance rate generally is 34% and these colleges are affiliated to Jesuit university, which was founded in the year of 1863. Now it has grown into a very large university, over a period of last few decades.
Present enrollment of undergraduate students is 9,000 while number of graduate students who are undergoing various post-graduate courses are about 5,000.
Boston colleges are quite well known for offering a great campus environment. It is a historic district, which is known for setting examples of gothic architecture.
Boston colleges are well-known for providing number of academic programs. It has got the ranking of 38 among the national universities and 33 as best value schools according to report of US News.
Overview of applying for Boston College
Candidates who are interested to get into Boston colleges have got two choices for applying:
- Early application options which is due by 1st November of every year
- Regular decision application options with due date by 1st January of every year.
In order to apply for admission to Boston College, following documents are to be submitted.
- Common application
- Application fee of $80/fee waiver form
- Writing supplement for Boston college
- Official score reports of SAT/ACT
- High school transcript
- School report
- Counselor recommendation form
- Two teacher’s evaluation report
- Mid-year report
- Students who want to pursue studio art as major or who want to pursue their career in music or theater at the Boston College must submit a supplement for optional visual/performing arts.
What is the acceptance rate in Boston College?
Among most of the college applicants, Boston College is one of the popular options. As per the data for the year 2018, among the 31,000 hopeful candidates only 9,000 could succeed in getting admission which is 28% that is 4% less than the previous year.
However, getting into the colleges of Boston is not a great mystery.
How can you get admission to Boston College?
Following are the few things that are mainly considered while offering admission to Boston colleges:
- Your grades of schools
- Test scores obtained
- Your extra-curricular performances
- What your teachers and counsellors recommend about you
- How can you express yourself with your writings?
If you are really interested to get into any Boston college then you have to really prove all your academic ability by doing well in your college level courses. All the scores that you have obtained right from high school onwards will count while getting admission.
Therefore, it is important to have very good academic performance for all your studies that you have done in order to improve your chances of getting admission.
How to make your application really stand out
If you can improve your scores in standardized tests, then it can be very easy and quick way for improving your chance to get into the Boston colleges. Remember, BC generally give more importance to the ranks obtained in standardized tests.
Also, by showing your religious affiliation you can improve your chance.