You probably already know the benefits of a post-workout massage. A massage can help reduce muscle stiffness, increase your range of motion, and improve your recovery time for the next workout.
Research has even supported the benefits of massage after a workout. Research has shown that massage after a hard workout can reduce post-workout inflammation. Although the benefits of massage are obvious, scheduling a massage is difficult for many people due to the cost and time involved. A home massage chair allows for frequent massage.
What Are Some Of The Health Benefits Of Massage Chairs At Your Home?
- Convenience: One of the most significant advantages of a home massage chair is accessibility. You can schedule and customize the massage you want with a massage chair at home. A post-workout massage that lasts less than 10 minutes can be very effective in improving recovery time and reducing inflammation. The massage can be done in your clothes. You can also use this time to catch up with the news or TV. You can have your daily massage as long as you like or shorten it as much as you want. This makes it very flexible and easy to fit in with your busy schedule.
- Stress Relief: The stress-reducing benefits of relaxation are immediate. Your massage chair can provide muscular compressions that are similar to a workout. This results in higher endorphins. These endorphins can help reduce stress levels in the brain and body. Massage chairs can also be heated to enhance relaxation.
- Enhance Post-Workout Recovery: Whether you have a massage onsite or at home, a post-workout massage can help to improve your recovery. A study showed that massage decreased the production of cytokines which are critical in inflammation. Massage-stimulated mitochondria are responsible for converting glucose into energy, essential for cell function. The bottom line is that massage reduces inflammation and increases mitochondrial biogenesis. This helps the muscle adapt to increased exercise.
- Relieve Back Pain: Many massage chairs can be used at home to target specific areas. A massage chair can be used to massage the lumbar area. This will increase mobility and circulation. This can help reduce low back pain caused by muscular instability and overuse.
- Boosting Immunity: The inflammation you feel after a workout is an immune reaction. Your immune system may be working overtime and your massage can reduce cytokines. Your immune system will also benefit from the assistance massage offers in cell function and repair. Regular massages in your chair at home may be the best thing for you, regardless of whether you are feeling under the weather or have a more serious problem.
How Can You Use A Massage Chair?
After you have understood the benefits of a massage chair at your home, you can decide how to use it. Many massage chairs can be programmed to provide a variety of settings, from deep tissue to therapeutic. You can combine your massage with soothing music and herbal tea if you are looking for relaxation or improvement in your immune system. You can use deeper pressure to help you recover from a workout or indulge in your favourite TV show. Your home massage chair’s greatest advantage is its ease of use. You can enjoy massage often for the best results.